What burger are you?
Take the Beefitarian™ exclusive quiz and get answers!
Take the quiz now!
Balsamic Top Sirloin
- 1 1/2 lbs of top sirloin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Pickled Onion Topping
- 1 medium red onion
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
Blue Cheese Fondue Topping
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- Start with the pickled onion topping. In the container you will be using to store the onions, add the sugar, salt, vinegar, and flavorings. Stir to dissolve. Add red onions.
- Let pickled onions sit for 30 mins. Good in the refrigerator for two weeks.
- Place all ingredients for Balsamic Top Sirloin in a bowl and let sit while making the fondue.
- To make the fondue, melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in the flour until smooth. Add the milk while stirring until it thickens.
- Bring the sauce to a boil. Add salt and pepper.
- Lower the heat to simmer while stirring for 2-3 mins.
- Stir in the blue cheese and cream cheese until the cheese is completely melted.
- Once fondue is made, put meat in a pan on medium heat for 3-4 minutes per side depending on how much pink you like.
- Once fully cooked, add arugula to bottom bun. Add 3 ounces of meat. Top with fondue then sprinkle with a couple extra blue cheese crumbles. Next, add pickled onions and enjoy.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Pics or it didn’t happen! Use the hashtag #beefitarian so we can make you beefamous, and possibly send you some free swag.
Think your recipe is better? Send it our way, and our panel of experts (Frank in Accounting) will put it to the test! You impress Frank and you make it on to website.
Submit Your Recipe