What burger are you?
Take the Beefitarian™ exclusive quiz and get answers!
Take the quiz now!
- 1 ½ - 2 lb. bottom beef round
- ¼ Cup soy sauce
- ¼ Cup honey
- ¼ Cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic chili paste
- Slaw mix: 2 cups shredded purple cabbage, 1 cup shredded green cabbage, 2 carrots matchbox sliced, 2 green onions chopped, cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1 Cup of rice (prepared or leftovers)
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Large flour tortillas or lettuce leaves
- In the base of a slow cooker, combine soy sauce, honey, brown sugar, vinegar, sesame oil, and garlic chili paste. Stir together until completely combined.
- Add the beef and toss to coat. You can also slice in half lengthwise to create two short pieces of beef and arrange in the slow cooker.
- Cook on LOWEST setting for 6-8 hours. *keep an eye on the beef during the last 2 hours of cooking.
- Combine slaw mix in a bowl with lime juice 30 mins before serving.
- Start rice: 1 cup of rice. 2 cups of salted water. Bring to a boil. Then turn to low and cover for 20 mins. Fluff then lay covered until ready to use.
- Remove beef from slow cooker to a large bowl. Shred with two forks or an electric hand mixer. Toss with remaining cooking liquid.
- Serve in lettuce wraps or flour tortillas, topped with slaw and cilantro, sprinkled with sesame seeds.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Pics or it didn’t happen! Use the hashtag #beefitarian so we can make you beefamous, and possibly send you some free swag.
Think your recipe is better? Send it our way, and our panel of experts (Frank in Accounting) will put it to the test! You impress Frank and you make it on to website.
Submit Your Recipe