What burger are you?
Take the Beefitarian™ exclusive quiz and get answers!
Take the quiz now!
- 4-lb center-cut beef tenderloin roast
- 2 Tbsp finely ground coffee beans
- 1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ¾ tsp ground black pepper
- *Pro Tip: Choose a neutral coffee – this is not the time for your favorite French Vanilla beans!
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with heavy foil. Place a rack in the pan and coat with cooking spray; set pan aside.
- For rub: stir together ground coffee beans, brown sugar, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper; set aside in bowl.
- Heat a large pan. Lightly grease with vegetable oil. Sear all sides of the roast for 1 minute. Transfer to rack in baking pan
- Sprinkle coffee mixture evenly over top and sides of meat; rub in and press lightly with your fingers.
- Insert an oven-going meat thermometer into center of meat. Roast, uncovered, for 45 to 55 minutes or until the meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare. Remove from oven.
- Cover meat with foil; let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. (Temperature of the meat after standing should be 145°F.) Cut meat into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Pics or it didn’t happen! Use the hashtag #beefitarian so we can make you beefamous, and possibly send you some free swag.
Think your recipe is better? Send it our way, and our panel of experts (Frank in Accounting) will put it to the test! You impress Frank and you make it on to website.
Submit Your Recipe