Vote in the
City Showdown NOW!
Phoenix Green Chile Beef Burrito
Total Time: 8 hours 20 minutes
Serves: 5 burritos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lb boneless beef chuck roast, diced
- ¾ cup beef broth
- 8 oz diced green chiles
- 1 cup green enchilada sauce
- 5 (10”) flour tortillas
- In a large skillet with a tight fitting lid, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes, until fragrant and golden.
- Add beef chuck roast pieces and beef broth. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer 6-8 hours, until meat is very tender.
- Shred or pull meat in pot. Add chiles, enchilada sauce, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Increase heat to medium high and simmer 8-10 minutes, until sauce is reduced and thickened.
- Heat tortillas then fill with beef mixture. Roll and serve.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Pics or it didn’t happen! Use the hashtag #beefitarian so we can make you beefamous, and possibly send you some free swag.
Think your recipe is better? Send it our way, and our panel of experts (Frank in Accounting) will put it to the test! You impress Frank and you make it on to website.
Submit Your Recipe