Vote in the
City Showdown NOW!
Nashville-Style Hot Beef Brisket
Total Time: 36 hours 30 minutes
For the brisket
- 4-5 lb beef brisket
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup cayenne
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
For the sauce
- ½ cup butter
- 3 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- The night before: Pat beef brisket dry and place in a shallow pan.
- In a bowl, whisk buttermilk, hot sauce, and garlic. Pour mixture over brisket. Cover and refrigerate overnight, or up to 24 hours.
- The day of: Remove brisket from marinade and allow excess to drip away.
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- In a small bowl, combine cayenne, brown sugar, smoked paprika, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Season brisket with mixture.
- Place brisket fat-side down in a pan and cover tightly with foil. Transfer to oven and roast 11-12 hours.
- Carefully remove brisket from oven and rest 20 minutes.
- While the brisket rests, melt butter in a small saucepan. Add cayenne pepper, honey, and paprika and stir to combine.
- Slice brisket and serve smothered in sauce.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Pics or it didn’t happen! Use the hashtag #beefitarian so we can make you beefamous, and possibly send you some free swag.
Think your recipe is better? Send it our way, and our panel of experts (Frank in Accounting) will put it to the test! You impress Frank and you make it on to website.
Submit Your Recipe