What burger are you?
Take the Beefitarian™ exclusive quiz and get answers!
Take the quiz now!
Cincinnati Beef Chili
Total Time: 6 hours 15 minutes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 2 cups beef broth
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- In a large skillet, heat ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium-high heat. Brown 4-5 minutes, breaking up beef with a wooden spoon.
- Remove beef mixture from stove, drain excess fat, then transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add beef broth, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, allspice, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix to combine.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5-6 hours
- Serve chili as is or garnished with cheese and onions over spaghetti.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Pics or it didn’t happen! Use the hashtag #beefitarian so we can make you beefamous, and possibly send you some free swag.
Think your recipe is better? Send it our way, and our panel of experts (Frank in Accounting) will put it to the test! You impress Frank and you make it on to website.
Submit Your Recipe